I would've thought that only applied to strangers. But I just found out today that my lady didn't. I'm still sorting out some things in the landscape of my mind...things I know about her and when they happened.
Now usually, I prefer older women...but found out we were the nearly the same age, just a month apart really. So she was the exception to a flexible rule. Today I find she was not, in fact, an exception. She is indeed an older women, two years older than I'd previously thought. Her age itself is not a problem, it's the fact that she held to this untruth for so long and through so much.
In her defense, it goes back to starting middle school. It would have cost her a year if she hadn't gone along with the mistake on her registration. Her parents even went as far as getting documents made to that effect and she's held to that age in since then so that everything is consistent. Only her family knows the truth, not even friends and such.
Still, I wonder why she didn't tell me. I feel a little dazed. What would you do?
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

In the scheme of things this is a small omission, but still...an omission. I would be a little perturbed.
ReplyDeleteat least she's not 2 years younger. I would be disturbed about it and I probably would want to know why she didn't tell me.
ReplyDeleteThe Only Daughter- Sorry I'm just now replying. I still don't have internet at home and haven't been to the library very often lately. Have job prospects though!
ReplyDeleteI have since looked over it and told her it doesn't change my feelings for her. In fact, it's kinda hot. I was dazed for a little while though.
Meshia- Thanks a million for breezing in! True, I'm glad it's not two years younger. Not jail bait, but it would really bother me. I guess because it's her official age, she's just gotten into the habit of being consistent with it.
It did change the timeline for children though since I know she wants to have children. I think it's important in that aspect because I wanted to hold off on children, but that's been moved up by those same two years. We'll see how it works out.
Hi Sip. I would be a little perturbed by this detail too. I hate giving advice so I'm not going to, what I will say is in your situation I would make my feelings clear pertaining to all of this. I would say "I would appreciate it if in future you could be entirely honest in your dealings with me because I like to know where I stand" then leave it at that and hope it doesn't happen again.
ReplyDelete