Well, it's neither here nor there. My style I mean. Alix saw my picture on myspace and described me as wearing unisex girl's clothing. Fair enough. One thing I can say, is that I am so so comfortable and feel very put together when I got out. That's almost a necessity for me. If I'm not comfortable in what I'm wearing, it shows (at least to me) and my confidence doesn't shine the way I'd like. When I'm comfortable, I'm capable of striking up conversations with anyone if I need to, otherwise I hesitate. I am laughing now because Kay has often comments on how I walk, and my presence when I come into a room as being "in charge-ish". Not as in I own the place, but like I know what I want and I'm gong to get it...quietly determined. I like that perception, but still find people are not afraid to approach me.
I could shop for men's clothing all day, everyday...but not for myself. I seem to have an aversion to wearing them actually. This is not so much because of how I might be perceived, I'm just very particular about the way my clothes fit and men's clothes don't give me that satisfaction. Oftentimes I find myself admiring certain men's items and wishing they did have that in my cut. Lately I've found the petite fit suits me wonderfully. I seem to have taken a shine to Jones New York wear, and their polos are exactly my style, fit and preference. I wish I liked all polo shirts equally but I got spoiled the day I walked into Ross and laid eyes on these. As soon as I tried the first polo on, I sighed. The material felt that good. Since then whenever I'm in Ross (I might need professional help soon) I eye a clothing item and more often that not, when checking the tags, find it's from Jones New York. And I am extremely picky, and as such the worst person to shop with if you don't have time and patience. The best thing is that they have lots of petite choices. On a side note: I lucked out the other day with a great pair of jeans that met all my criterion on clearance for $5 that I'm sporting today. No gap either! I love that. Didn't realize the importance of no gap jeans until I started wearing thongs. Erm...that's another story. I was almost broke but it's super rare for me to find something that my heart beats a little faster over, especially considering the price. So I told myself jeans last for like, ever and it's a worthy investment especially since it's perfect for all seasons and can be dressed up or down.
Shoes. Boat shoes rock. The ones I like are all out of my price range but I'm consoling myself with these shoes I already have. They are in a lighter brown though, the kind of brown that is hard to match exactly, like auburnish. I wanted some boat shoes to match the Bermuda shorts I just got, and love by the way, but these might do the trick. I need to break the ones I have in first well enough to feel comfortable so I can wear them without socks. I never do with these shoes though, even when wearing jeans...it just doesn't look right somehow whatever the color of sock.
Um, not even sure how to end this post. It should be noted that I hate to shop and feel very awkward out shopping, even though I might need professional intervention regarding my budding Ross addiciton. (Am I in denial) I guess when I start choosing between Texas cheese toast and a deeply discounted polo shirt I should be committed. Because, you know..a gal's gotta eat. My love of cheese is for another post. I might call it something creative, like On Cheese.
Anywho, this has been a non substantial and rambling post, lol.
Have a good one!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think you just felt like writing, lol...
ReplyDelete$5 jeans are a steal!
Alix- I think you're right, lol! Felt some dust settling on my lil blog too. Remind me never to write while I'm spaced out again, spell check was needed like air on this one!
ReplyDelete$5 jeans, definitely a steal! In wearing them today, I swear they made my bum look a lil more luscious :-).
I have always wanted Converse pumps but always thought they would make me look gay lol, now I have no excuses about getting me a pair. I loved this post, the 'rambling' types are usually the best ones in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteJonathan- That's so funny! Definitely no excuses now, lol. I too love reading other people's rambling posts like this, but personally think mine are boring lol.
ReplyDelete