Friday, November 28, 2008

First Time Moments 2...


Fred and I parted ways eventually. It was over something extremely petty as I recall. We would talk some nights and she gave me a ride from work sometimes (which kind of made sense since we worked at the same place). I eventually began working at a different site. Anyway, she would talk about how growing up she always felt different and so on, and I would identify and empathize with her. But I never tipped my hand outright. We would chill in her room sometimes and watch telly. There was a time she invited me along to go shopping with her. I knew she never cooked so had no idea where we could possibly be going. We ended up at an adult store. You can imagine the trepidation and awkwardness I was feeling....like how did she know I'm a closeted freak! I merely looked on as she picked up some queer porn and played innocent. We went home and watched some of it on her bed. I had to leave a while later, feigning sleepiness to relieve myself. Maybe I think too much of myself when I say she must have harbored some feelings and/or jealousy for me. I do know there a never a moment I was attracted to or had an interest in her like that.

One day the lights were turned off. I called her since I was home at the time and she was all nonchalant about it. I was pissed. I paid all of my bills on time and assumed she was doing her part. When she got home she showed me a bill that showed what was apparently several months' worth of overdue payments…and had the nerve to demand I pay half of it. I felt more than taken advantage of, as I was already paying more than half the rent which I never complained about. What made me even madder was the fact that she had just bought a new car. I paid it but the friendship deteriorated from there. She eventually insisted that I had all this money from my boyfriend in the Navy and other out of the blue things. I am not confrontational but set her straight in that I never asked for or received a thing from him. I know he would have given me anything if he knew how I struggled, but I had my pride and I had too much pride to ask anyone for help. She seemed dumbfounded, like how did I always seem to have money. It's called money management and living within your means woman! When I got home from work later I found a note asking me to be out in a few days.


To be continued…

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy! It's so not cool to look into someone else's wallet and make assumptions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! Doesn't she think I would have bought a bed and proper furniture if I had all that money? Geez.

    Thanks for following my mini biography, lol. :-D

    ReplyDelete