Moving Forward 4-Conclusion
Feeling Lauren burrow into her shoulder, Daniella tightened her grip and they screamed as they plunged from great heights. Who knew riding a roller coaster was such a thrill! This was surely the antidote I needed for all those stressful work days, Daniella thought. Their days began at a leisurely pace in the mornings and were in full swing by noon for the past four days since they arrived. Shoes were kicked off at the door as they returned to their rented water front villa the evenings. Surveying the tidiness of the place, Daniella thanked herself once again for going all out on a real vacation. The maids came twice daily to clean. The girls ran off to their room giggling with a new assortment of prizes from the various games they'd played.
Turning to Lauren as she let her hair down, she inquired about dinner.
"I'm happy to throw something together tonight. How do you feel about a quick shrimp curry?" Lauren answered already removing the pans and opening the freezer.
"Sounds great, I'm just going to go up and change," Daniela replied. Upstairs she closed the bathroom door, turned on the shower and slid down resting her head on her knees arms encircling her thighs. Sensations she hadn't felt in years washed over her as she probed the hidden nub between her legs rocking to a rhythm borne of intense desire. Within minutes a soft anguished cry escaped her and she shook with release. With a deep exhale she unfolded herself and stepped into the steamy shower awaiting her. Being in close proximity to Lauren lately, the way they seemed to meld into each other lives had opened her eyes. For how long she could hide her feelings and ever increasing desire, she didn't know. But it had to be said soon. Intuition hadn't yet let her down, and it was telling her she had a chance with Lauren. Nothing overt had been done, no words to that effect said. Still, she was held a beat too long after a terrifying ride and was it her or did Lauren sigh when she burrowed into her shoulder today. The spicy aromas of curry and earthy basmati rice drifted upstairs, pulling her downstairs soon after dressing.
"What are you saying?" Daniela asked holding her breath as they sat watching a movie after dinner two days later.
"I'm saying Daniela that although this is new to me, I feel an attraction to you that goes beyond mere friendship," Lauren said looking her friend straight in the eye.
"Wha- how did that happened?" Daniela managed to get out as her throat tried to close. Hearing this, Lauren's head jerked back and her eyelids fluttered and she wanted to cry. It was not what she had been expecting to hear and there was silence but for Daniela trying to breathe. Not knowing what else to say, Lauren melted as she found herself embraced by this courageous woman who left her husband to live her truth. A lightness filled her chest as she clung to Daniela nuzzling the smooth skin of her neck. For the first time, the cove between her legs felt heavy and wet with yearning for another woman. This woman's allure moved her to glide her lips over that smoothness and nothing prepared her for the exotic sigh that whispered past her ear. Suddenly Lauren pulled Daniela tightly against her and kissed urgently to begin with eager to feel the sensuously full lips she watched way too much anytime her friend spoke.
"Ooh gaah..." Dee exhaled into her mouth, seeming to release the barrier between them.
Pulling away with some effort Lauren asked with a shy smile, "Sooo, perhaps you feel the same?"
Dee looked up at her friend shaking her head, "Yes, I do. I-I have for some time now felt like I wanted more than friendship. I had no idea you...liked women."
"I don't like women, I like you and more than that, I have since I first saw you. Describing how would be difficult, but why is easy. You're beautiful. I see that proof in your daughter's contentment, the people you draw to you would travel to the ends of the earth for you, and so would I. Except I'd rather be wherever you are. , You don't know how difficu-"
"Yes I do," Daniela interrupted,” Imagine how I felt thinking would lose your friendship if you knew I felt this way about you. Heck, I didn't even know you were interested in women. I do appreciate the way you took it in stride when first told you I'm a lesbian...that alone said a lot about your character."
She paused a moment with a quizzical grin,"...did you really say since you first saw me?"
"Absolutely," her friend replied, “but that one I wouldn't mind showing you. It's been a long time..." she whispered leaning in for another kiss. This time standing up, taking Daniela’s hand and pulling her up close kissing her lips ever so softly. Dee rested her arms around Lauren's neck as she in turn felt her hips being caressed. Too long indeed she thought parting her lips for the sweet kisses alighting her mouth and feeling for the second time in as many days sensations she hadn't felt in years. She couldn't have known Lauren felt so deeply about her. It feels so damn good...and she certainly seems confident about her feelings.
"Should I take it slower, or go with the flow?" was her last coherent thought.
© Sipoftea 2008

Wait. That's it? I feel like more should've happened. More build up. You just left me craving more...
ReplyDeleteAnd I do have more in mind! I am not finished with Daniela and Lauren's story, but that will probably be all for the time being.
ReplyDeleteI am currently preoccupied with a new story idea.
cool, can't wait to read!
ReplyDelete