I'm an India Arie, OneRepublic...chill, meaningful music kind of girl...but every so often I have to break out with Missy Elliot and Timbaland. Right now I'm rocking Timbaland's Shock Value...strangely my favs here are Oh Timbaland and Bounce. I thoroughly his sounds even though the songs are about nothing significant and things I abhor, but the lyrics stick anyway. Ugh. Around here this music is strictly limited to my mp3 player lol. I could probably rock it with my driver whom I'm call Goodie, but even he might be a lil scandalized.
Goodie is a cool guy. At first I wasn't sure how to treat him aside from common courtesy and with my usual manners. I didn't know what the protocol was for telling him where I want to go, whether he should wait, if I should tell him how long I'd be, where to sit, or whether he should come back when I call him or what. It was all very strange. I've learned a lot since first coming here though.
I know now I can go where ever I please and take as long as I want. I've learned that part of a driver's job is waiting. Case in point is when I go to the salon, he will go off to get his lunch somewhere or check things in the area out, or sometimes come in a watch tv in the waiting area. Most times he will accompany me in shopping and carry my basket (isn't he kind?). I don't have to tell him how long I'll be, but still do if I will just be a few minutes. Where I sit depends on my whats up with me. If I know I'll be using my phone quite a bit or I'm not feeling very chatty I sit in the back, but I also want to keep a balance and chill in the front and we talk about the state of the country or things going on in the area or he talks about his family. Sometimes I just want to get out and ride around, and he will go to scenic areas or take me to explore a supermarket I haven't been to before. Coming full circle...we often jam.
I will get in the car and if he's not already playing something, I say let's jam. He will laugh and pop a cd in, I turn it up and we get lost. He likes most kinds of music, everything from Michael Bolton, Luther Vandross to Alicia Keys and Celine Dion. I often download new music and make mixed cds and love introducing new artists, India Arie was one of those. Goodie is a good guy, goes to church every Sunday and is getting married soon. I wonder what will happen when I bust out with Timbaland and his naughty lyrics but tight sounds? I know he plays some 'out there' music too. Hmmm.
His expression might just be worth it.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No not Timbaland!
ReplyDeleteWhat, I ask, is so wrong with Timbaland? It's the only music I pretend I can dance to lol.
ReplyDelete